Caring for yourself or a loved one after joint replacement surgery can feel overwhelming — particularly if you’re dealing with limited mobility, pain, and fatigue. Fortunately, professional home care services can provide the support and assistance you need.
McLean Home Care’s highly skilled and trained professionals work together as a team to provide an entire continuum of care that includes a personalized pre-surgery education and fitness plan, post acute, home care and outpatient rehab, as well as an updated fitness program for life. Our comprehensive specialized joint replacement home care services emphasize rehabilitation, wellness and recovery at home.
The McLean rehab team will partner with you and your physician before and after your surgery. Our Comprehensive Joint Replacement Program was developed in consultation with leading orthopedic and geriatric physicians.
- Patients receive physical therapy within 24 hours of discharge from the hospital or rehabilitation facility
- The rehabilitation nurse coordinator acts as a liaison between the orthopedic surgeon and all disciplines
- Physical therapists are competency trained in the joint replacement disease management program and administer intensive therapy to improve functional outcomes
- Physical therapists instruct and provide patients with written standardized joint replacement precautions and a home exercise program
- Occupational therapists address activities of daily living and independent activities of daily living
- Home safety assessments and recommendations for adapting the home environment to ensure patient safety and positive rehabilitation outcomes
As the demand for joint replacement rehabilitation therapy services continues to increase, today’s shorter inpatient hospital stays are making homecare rehabilitation services all the more important. Our joint replacement program provides a comprehensive rehabilitation plan for the treatment of total knee and hip replacements, including pre-surgical interventions and post-operative treatment. This includes the coordinated services of physical and occupational therapists and may include pain management, wound care, home health aides and medical social services to assure all aspects of the patent’s needs are addressed.
Maximizing Joint Rehabilitation, Mobility, Safety and Wellness in the Home Following Joint Replacement Surgery
The McLean multidisciplinary home care team provides skilled management of comorbidities and other medical diagnosis, pain and edema, anticoagulation, wound care and medications. Our goal is to provide high quality, comprehensive post-surgical acute rehabilitation, education and support for patients in their home to return them to the highest level of functioning and independence as quickly and safely as possible.
Our services are available seven days a week and patients can be referred by a physician, hospital, skilled nursing facility or rehabilitation facility. Call 860-658-3783 to speak with Sue Berg to arrange for your personalized at home joint replacement therapy program.